Re: [MV] We were soldiers movie

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 21:56:37 PDT

Despite Vietnam's talk about wanting US friendship (really just want our
money) ...I think some are still fighting the war. I have a friend who was
a former ARVN Intelligence Officer who is stuck over there and the stories
about government abuse and political rhetoric is pretty sad. So I'm not
suprised they would punish that actor. The movie actually was not against
Vietnam, made no poltical statement, just presented what happened and
depicted both sides in a real favorable light, even paid thier respect to
the both sides casualties.

Wondering what else the Vietnamese government wanted from the movie... maybe
our side should have worn monster heads?

Jack