Re:[MV] Info on CUCV kickdown switch.

From: Mr. Bones (mrbones@ixks.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 17:11:05 PDT

Ted,

Both my Chilton's and Haynes manuals for Chevy trucks list the following
method of adjustment for the kickdown switch:

"After installation of a new switch, press the switch plunger in all the
way. The switch will adjust itself the first time the throttle is opened
all the way with the accelerator pedal."

I hope this is some help to you.

Best regards,

T. Bones Morris

I've noticed on several CUCVs that the throttle transmission kickdown
switch,
doesn't get activated when the pedal is to the metal.
The shaft barely moves the switch arm, not enough to activate it.
More interestingly, there appears to be no adjustment for it, slotted
mounting holes, etc.

None of the MIL TMs make any mention of it except for its removal
and installation nor does my 84 civi manual.
<snip>