Winch mounting

From: Dave Winslow \(Dad\) (David@Winslow.mv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 03:07:40 PDT

Hi List,

I have a 41 WC 1/2 ton and an unmounted winch, but no diagram for
locating exactly where the winch attaches. My front bumper is not
original, made of two pieces of C shaped iron, one on each side. This
looks pretty much like the pictures I've seen, but I've had no chance
to check out another vehicle for real. There is a piece of 1 1/2" L
beam, slightly longer than the space between the bumpers, spanning the
space, overlapping on top where it is welded to the bumpers. This
looks like the front member of my winch. My thought is that this L
beam was welded in there where the winch should go, but before I go
cutting it out I sure would like to verify everything. I also need
universals and a shaft from PTO to winch, and cable. If anyone has any
diagrams, suggestions, parts to sell, etc., I'd appreciate a response.

Thanks, Dave W.