[MV] engine cleaning solutions

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 14:31:37 PDT

This work good if not burned on oil and grease

Put 2 quarts (approx) of Gunk degreaser into 5 gallons kerosene - use siphon
air gun to spray this on items need degreased. Wash with water hose.----
DO THIS ON COLD ENGINE ONLY ---

I like to see pressure washers used for they support me OD habit, but in the
absence of one this works pretty good -- Gunk emulsifies kerosene so water
will wash it away. If you have any left -- chuck paint mixer in drill and
stir vigorously and you will make cream hand cleaner.

Hate to sound like Helosie but, if you get tar or grease on washable
clothes, rub GO JO hand cleaner in tar spot - both sides of material - let
lay for 24 hours then wash in normal manner - most of the time tar will come
out first wash.

Everette

P S be aware that Amour All will make fisheyes in any paint you put on
anywhere close to where Armour All was put.

Subject: [MV] engine cleaning solutions

Anyone have a favorite engine compartment/undercarriage cleaning method? I
know we've discussed it before, but seems like its been a few years and
maybe something new is out here.

My old method:

I found that a light application of kerosene sprayed on for a few minutes
followed by a 50-50 soap-water solution like "Grease Eater" (tm) or similar
biodegradable product, then hit it with a pressure washer set in the wide
fan mode. Got to be real careful with the pressure washer!

Then I lightly spray either Armorall (sp?) or silcone on the rubber and even
gloss painted surfaces and it looked like new. Never had a problem, no
paint fade either.

Jack