Re: [MV] The Wall in Oconomowoc WI

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 18:56:23 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "jonathon" <jemery@execpc.com>

> Only casuallty was that I had gone up to the cerimony area to see my
> alderman and diner owner (where I eat lunch often) make her little speech
> representing the city, upon my return there were two biker dudes leaning
on
> my mule. As I got closer I saw that the one had a chain on his wallet. I
> said very politely "I see you have a chain on your wallet.... I hope it
> isn't scratching my paint" to which he gets up and shure as snot,
scratches
> all over the handrail, down the primer for sure. To which he says "well
> there are scratches all over, over there, over here, etc." Never said
sorry.

Hate to hear about this kind of thing but it seems the pulic is full of
idiots. People just don't have much respect for other people or their
property. This is even sadder because of where it happened. This is the
kind of event where "Respect" should be the main focus.

>I seem to have real good luck attracting
> dumb ass people to my stuff, last year at a parade and display at a local
> military academy I turned my back for 5 minutes to get a soda and found a
> half dozen cadets standing on the hood of my deuce posing for a picture.

Another sad fact. The idiots are not limited to the traditional "dumb ass"
people. I have found when I take my M35 anywhere people know me, the kids
love to crawl around on it. I don't mind, it's not a show truck yet and I'm
not worried about scratches and so forth. What concerns me is how most
parents don't watch their kids while on the truck. I know it's just a
matter of time before one falls and breaks his arm or gets something pinched
in a door or cuts themselves on a sharp edge. It really bugs me how I can
say "no, don't climb up there" where I know the parent can hear me and yet
the child will still climb up and the parent will watch. And these are
people I consider to be intelligent.

I have concluded that you can't avoid the idiots in public. I don't know
what the best way to keep them at bay. Even when you do have someone to
help watch your stuff you still have a few that just don't get it. You have
to be prepared to confront and deal with them. I guess I will find out for
myself as I attend a few events and parades between now and the end of the
year.

I'm thinking of inviting Santa to man the 50 Cal in the ring for out town's
Christmas parade this year. The slay is so boring.

Joe Trapp