M38A1 ID (?)

From: Conrad Vogel (conrad@nidlink.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 14:06:59 PDT

I got this email the other day, can anyone help out?:

----------------------
I am a Canadian with Danish ancestory. I have recently returned from Denmark
  where I was introduced to a cousin of mine who also collects antique
  military vehicles.

  I was interested in this and although I do not have the experience
with this
  as he does, I did discover he and fellow military enthusiasts are
doubtfull
  that one of the jeep's they have was actually built in 1960 as the
paperwork
  for the jeep indicates. I have some numbers from the jeep and was
wondering
  if you would know from these numbers whether the jeep was indeed built in
  1960. My cousin and his friends believe it was at least a few years
earlier.
  Some numbers from the jeep are:

  Serial Number: 2320-22-114-0714
  Chasis Number: 16964
  Individual Number: 29370 (I'm sorry, I don't know what this number means).

  If you could give me any leads, I'd appreciate it.

  thank you.