Re: [MV] Mule clutch pad

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 16:19:51 PDT

Hi Randy,

>I don't know if you can get one from a local parts place or not but their
>should be no problem getting one from Bill Watson or any of the other
>dealers.

If nobody comes back with a swap part number by tomorrow, I will be
calling Bill for sure.

>Sounds like you have a seal on your main shaft leaking. Better replace
it or
>the new clutch will end up the same way.

The seal was replaced already, but cleaning the pad up didn't save it.
 And might I add that I absolutely HATED replacing that seal? What a
[censored] thing to [censored] deal with! And another thing, I would
like to [censored] the guy who designed that [censored] thing!! Can you
tell I didn't have a happy time with that seal? ;-) I had a more
pleasant time with 4 other seals that needed replacing, but 3 out of the
4 didn't waste any time leaking as bad as before. Including the seal
behind the brake drum, which means I have a "wet disc brake" system. Oh joy!

My only guess is that either the NOS seals were not good or the shafts
were worn enough to screw things up. I have good quality 90 weight gear
oil in there, but much of it is on my garage floor now...

Ah... I feel much better now that I have that off my chest :-)

Steve