Re: [MV] Hummer

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 03:54:54 PDT

I'm not joking, $14,000 was his minimum bid. It was painted a very gloss
yellow and he had modified the tailgate to say "Hummer" like the vehicle
tailgate. It had no side rails or tarp. Perhaps he was trying to hook a CEO
who knew nothing about military vehicles and their value. He had no bids so
perhaps people are not so dumb. It reminds me of the scalpers who bought the
16 military Humvee Matracks (triangular tracks) systems for $4,000 a set and
tried to sell them on e-bay for $15,000 a set. They claimed that the
military paid $25,000 for a set of 4, when the real cost was $8,000 a set of
4.
This would be like paying $30,000 for a deuce. I have only seen pictures of
one deuce on this list that looked like it was worth gobs of money, and that
is the heavily modified, Caterpillar engined 'M35A8' that one of the list
members is building.
Was it you?
-Sarge