Re: [MV] m151a1 vs. a2

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 07:51:27 PDT

I want to thank everyone who wrote with advice on what to look for
and how toy buy and drive the M151's. I got great pictures from
George and talked with him for a long time. I felt I asked all
the right questions and that he answered all of them. He told me
it had a little rust on the floor, and some surface rust, but
that's about that. So I took off yesterday and drove my 73 F-100
pickup two and a half hours to get it (check in hand).

It looked pretty good right off the bat, and it had a lot of new
parts in the back, since he was going to restore it for his wife.
I was real happy I waited. I bent down and looked.... no
channels... all rusted through and through. Floors were rusted
through and sheets were just placed on top and screwed in.

Needless to say I was not happy. When I asked him why he didn't
say anything about the rust underneath he said he didn't know.
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh.

I stopped on the way back at Ridge's and looked at two A2's but
they were rusty and full of bondo all over too.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce
919-852-2121