A find....

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 09:00:08 PDT

Listers - I got a call from a local MV'er something around a month ago about
a new find. I had time to check it out last weekend. This is the first
opportunity I've had to post. In checking my in-box I have something near
800 e-mails to read, no problem, I'll get there. I like this list enough to
spend a day reading e-mails. Anyway, back to the find. Seems an old guy
living near Tinker air base had been buying stuff and dragging it home for
something around 15 years. Looks like he never actually got around to
rebuilding anything and by all accounts couldn't be induced to sell
anything. He has died. Wife inherited the whole 5 acres of OD green and
the sons are doing their best to clean it up and move it out. They have a
general and vague idea of what things are worth. There are 5 or 6 Deuces a
couple of 8X8 cargo trucks and they were calling HEMMT's but I think they
are an earlier model and I didn't write anything down while I was there.
Two of the deuces start and run. They have numerous motors in cans and are
working toward re-building all of them. They have what looks like an M60
tank engine in a can. 6 or 8 fifth wheel trailers shop and otherwise, some
with tools. Doesn't look like any complete sets. Several HMV hoods, a
large bus, and a shop building full of miscellaneous parts and filters.
Lots of bits and pieces that would make good display kits. Example: some
type of a short black sealed barrel with an air vent on it. For those folks
with shops they seem to have a large number of for real HEMMT cranes (I
think they have two hydraulic ?flexpoint and one with three).

Contact is Gary Bittle. Phone # is (405) 664-2605. Location: less than
1/2 mile south of 29th and Peebly just of off I-40 east of Oklahoma City
about 12 miles east of Midwest City.

They are supposed to send me digital pictures for my website, but I haven't
seen anything in a week so I don't have any great hope they are going to get
it done. Luck on the hunt!!!

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335