Flaming David Doyle

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 17:25:42 PDT

David and List,
there are many, many people on this list who contribute valuable knowledge
regarding our hobby. They are also quite a few whiners. No problem, that is
just a cross section of our society in general. Freedom of speech is a
wonderful thing!
I personally save dozens of messages a month because the information and
tips are priceless, and this list is a fantastic source even when people get
overly emotional about certain subjects.
If you don't like the new Army Motors thin paper, there are several things
you can do about it. Write to this list, call MVPA and suggest a poll of
members. Would we be willing to pay the extra cost of thicker paper by
increasing membership dues? Take into account that we would lose some
members dues by increasing dues. MVPA is a business, stand up and make your
opinions heard, don't knee-jerk and cancel your membership without
explaining why.
Back to WWII jeeps versus big new 6x6's. Personally, I own an M35 and I
love it. In our local MVPA chapter (Lone Star MVPA, Austin TX - shameless
plug!) Jeeps outnumber M35's about 5 or 6 to one. Each and every one of them
is in better condition than my M35 and they are beautiful machines. If this
is indicative of our hobby nationwide, then Army Motors should be biased
towards WWII articles.
Back to David Doyle's e-mail. He ends it with "I will get off my stump now,
and prepare for the flames."
If I am ever lucky enough to meet David, I hope he will allow me to buy him
a meal. I have worked on M35's for 25 years, however I would be willing to
bet that David has forgotten more about M35's than I will ever know. I
always look forward to his contributions, because he not only knows useful
modern information, he also has comprehensive knowledge of the history of
these vehicles.
Which is what we are all about...
-Sarge