Working radios in MV's

From: b52d@piace.com
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 08:47:01 PDT

I have a PRC77 mounted in an AM2060 amplifier on my M151A2. It is a
working unit. Several of our club members have working military
radios either portable or vehicle mounted.

Those that talk on them are licensed operators and those who are
listening are studying for their test right now. (As it should be,
no license no talk!)

It is the clubs plan to use the radios to coordinate convoys and such.
We have tested this on a limited basis recently with pretty good
results.

I was just curious if anybody else out there, club or individual used
military radios in this fashion and if so what sort of experiences
have resulted, good or bad.

As always, wisdom from the group is greatly appreciated!

Dave Brubaker
KC0NZN
M151A2 USAF Security Police
MVPA #18115
President - Mid-Kansas MVPA
This E-Mail was sent with Piace Webmail.
http://www.piace.com