RE: [MV] Parade Vehicle

From: Mugno, Anthony (AMugno@SITAAPS.org)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 06:38:33 PDT

Heres the actual URL

http://vietnam_war_sounds.tripod.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: ddoyle9570@aol.com [mailto:ddoyle9570@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 8:19 PM
To: mil-veh@mil-veh.org
Subject: Re: [MV] Parade Vehicle

In a message dated 10/9/2002 4:44:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pball@csionline.net writes:

> I heard that there are tapes of Vietnam sounds (live fire, tanks, etc.)
> that could be played over a PA system. Does anyone know where I can get
> something like this, or any other ideas - like the MASH
> sound track?

I suppose that this falls into the category of other ideas. There is a
fellow named Chuck Kenney who can be reached at:
chuckkenney@webtv.net

he has a website too, but the URL is huge:
http://vietnam_war_sounds.tripod.com/adm/popunder/tripod_popunder.html?membe
r_name=vietnam_war_sounds&path=index.html&client_ip=64.12.97.8&ts=1034208837
&ad_type=EMBED&search_string=AFVN+chuck&id=b9a703dfc820051c6c17b97f799e29cd

Chuck was a DJ at AFVN, and he offers CD's and tapes of actual Armed Forces
Vietnam Network broadcasts. New, music, announcements, sports, you name it,
also has a few home movies that he sells on VHS.

I have bought several different things from him, and have been well pleased.
He is also VERY fast.

First thing I bought from him was "generic" tape on eBay. Had the the news
and announcements etc, but the music was faded out...very little music, just
the "local" info on the tape. I wrote and asked him if I could get
something similar, but the entire broadcasts, music and all. (for use in
living history display...effect of real time, etc) He responded with sure,
when and where did I want? I knew where the unit that my vehicles are
marked for was based, and when they were there. He said no problem, he'd
send it out. What I got was a 5 CD set of broadcasts, something like 8 hours
for I think 40 bucks, all broadcasts from the area I wanted, at the time I
wanted.

As I recall, he sells individual CDs for like 8 bucks or so.

Regards,
David Doyle