fuel storage

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 15:28:02 PDT

Hi all,
Are there any proven additives for diesel and or gas that will allow them to
be stored for a year or more?
And, it is my understanding that water getting into fuel is due to
condensation from existing air, and the exchange of "new", water laden, air
as heating and cooling take place.
If this is correct I have two questions, for all you much smarter than me
folks:
1. does using a fuel "bladder" with no trapped air within eliminate the need
for expansion and contraction air exchange, and therefore water.
2. If so, could a person use a steel, or whatever material, barrel with an
expandable (like a balloon) cap that would just move with changing temps and
related volume to avoid the need for an air exchange related to same?
This may sound weird, but I know from reading this list for some time now,
that someone out there knows everything, or at least has an answer.......
I'm hoping this is MV related enough not to get me spanked........
Henry