Re: [MV] Reenactors have no right!!! unless they were there

From: Paintball Plus (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 18:58:15 PDT

Hi G.R.,
Could it be that they were saluting your truck? Probably not, but I
would be the first to say that your truck served our country and
deserved a salute. I consider my truck a true veteran, and as such I
have a "served with pride" sticker on the truck. I am quick to tell
anyone that the sticker is for the truck, as much as it is for me.
Bruce

G.R. Baker wrote:

><I collect and display Military Vehicles I do not wear Military Clothing or
>Insignia I am not entitled to.>
>
> I think reenacting has it's place as do living history displays, but I
>don't wear uniforms for this same reason. Our first event after Sept. 11,
>2001 was a parade and during the route a large group of people thought we
>were active military (even though we were wearing civilian clothes) and
>stood at attention then saluted us, many with tears in their eyes. Well at
>the sight of this I was toast, balding like a baby. I felt very unworthy
>that they mistook me for a soldier.

Bruce Kalin

USMC MTA, MVPA, MTA North & South Jersey
M35A2C, M105A2