A Lesson from an Old Woman

From: kbernste32@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 18:12:33 PDT

One of the most memorable lessons our Vermont MV club gave me with respect to the (un)importance of dress - this past year's memorial day parade with the club, from among the crowds watching the parade, an older woman with a flag that families of the soldier put in their window around her neck, stood up out of her wheelchair and put her hand over her heart when I drove by. She never looked at me, she watched the truck roll by. I get the message. We're just the caretakers.

KB ( and a steel soldier on the mend)