M35 rear axle leak

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 19:44:27 PDT

I'm going to do it myself.

Anyone know the correct size socket for the rear axle bearing adjusting nuts? (the big ones!). I'll need this and some kind of torque wrench as well.

I've been advised that if the nut was not properly torqued, the assy will leak. I suspect this is the case, as the truck mechanic did not have a socket for that, and used a chisel and hammer to bang
the nut around to tighten it! some practice for a diesel shop! crap!

Anyway, I need to find out what is the right tool. please.

And thanks for all of the help as well!