M35 steering box bolts

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 04:40:01 PDT

Good morning everyone (evening to you guys on the other side).

I happen to focus my eyes on some holes on my frame yesterday just ahead of
the drivers tire, that appeared to circle the shaft of the steering box. I
noticed there were 2 bolt heads and two holes in a pattern around mentioned
shaft. I peeked inside the frame rail to notice four ears on the steering
box, two of which had no bolts in them. "Well, would you look at that?",
said Joe. I went to the bolt bin and retrieved 2 grade 8, 7/16" bolts and
lock washers and placed them in the holes.

Here's the question. There is paint marks that indicate something was
removed from this location. They are vertical lines and look as if a piece
of 1" flat bar was mounted on each side of the box shaft about an inch
beyond each bolt head. Has something been removed from the truck? I can't
think of anything that could mount here, but there are lots of things on my
truck I have never seen before I got it.

Thanks for all the help,
Joe Trapp