Help - can't find a part for my M1009!

From: Nathan Wilkens (nathan.wilkens@asu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:54:09 PDT

Hey everyone,

My poor M1009 keeps suffering from a fuel air leak, and I've found the leak,
but I can't find a replacement part... On the bottom right side of the
engine, there is a metal fuel line coming forward from the fuel tank, that
has a small S shaped fuel hose that goes to the mechanical fuel pump...
My local GM dealer says the part is no longer available (and tough luck for
me!). I tried using a regular fuel hose, but the S curve causes the line to
collapse and constrict the fuel. I then tried a braided fuel line, breaking
a bunch of hose clamps trying to squeeze it down enough. Now, after some
hard-core wash basin gravel roads, the braided fuel line has cracked and is
allowing air back into the fuel.

So, I could try using a longer piece of braided fuel line.... or ask my
esteemed colleagues on the MV list if they know where I can get the correct
fuel line....

Any info appreciated - I'm supposed to take my wife camping this weekend
(for her birthday), but my poor baby can't even leave the parking lot right
now...

Thanks,
Nathan Wilkens