Re: [MV] m35 heater hoses

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:46:46 PDT

Joe,
Did anyone get back to you with info on the heater hook-up? If not, this may
be of help.

The return hose from the heater "box" (kind of goes with "steering shaft"),
is connected to the waterpump. There may or may not be a pre installed
shut-off cock here. It is just next to the alternator (or generator). As a
mater of fact, you may have to move it out of the way to make the
connection.
The second hose from the heater box is connected to the ENGINE SIDE of the
thermostat close to the thermostat housing.
If it is connected to the RADIATOR SIDE of the thermostat, then the
thermostat would be by-passed and the engine would not heat up properly on a
cold morning start.

>From the heater box on my truck, the forward most hose goes to the
waterpump.
I can't see that it matters which goes where, it's just a coil and the
direction of flow thru it shouldn't be a factor.

How are you doing on the pyrometer installation?

Regards,

Bjorn