Re: [MV] Mermite Cans

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 15:37:40 PDT

I have a Mermite can that was inspectors sample -- never issued - I also
have one that has Arabic symbols on side - never issued - also one that was
not completed. I was at sale where they were selling dies and every thing
associated with building these cans. They had a display showing every step
in manufacturing process from blank metal to finished product, all the
little pieces with tags on them for inspectors to use to inspect with.

  Maybe since they are no longer made, naaaaaaaa, still not worth 150.00

Same sale they sold dies and samples from steel helment - did not get any of
this went as lump bid - buyer got dies samples everything - some 100,000
pounds of stuff. Was a really nice display showing helment from blank steel
sheet to finished product. Buyer loaded with magnet crushed display.

Everette