Re: [MV] FW: Bren Carrier/Ford maintenance challange

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 19:31:35 PDT

Here's a story that might help, but probably won't.

I had a Ford truck with a 9" rear end. I power braked it and broke the
spider gears. It make an awful popping sound when they broke. As I drove
the truck home (if it will move, I drive it home) I noticed a tire squeal
when I turned. I pulled into a parking lot and turned the tightest radius I
could. As I turned the inner wheel would squeal as it turned the same rpm's
as the outer tire. The spider gears had become jammed up with the broken
piece of metal. I had "positive" traction. The truck drove just fine the
rest of the way home, just no slipping between the tires. If you had a
similar thing happen to the Carrier that might yield the result you have.
Just a thought.

Joe Trapp