Re: [MV] M37 tow behind F-250 HD

From: Paul H. Anderson (pha@pdq.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 03:23:05 PDT

All - thanks for the extremely informative replies. I'll be looking for a
steel car hauling trailer with surge brakes. I've hauled cars before,
just nothing quite so heavy behind my truck (did a big dodge sedan on tow
dolly behind a 20 foot rental truck).

I plan on driving 50-55 on the way back - it is flat, should be dry, I'll
be careful with leaving lots of stopping distance, like I have to when
driving on ice.

I hope to pick it up Saturday, so I'll let folks know what the outcome of
that trip is afterwards!

Thanks again,

Paul

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Dave Cole wrote:

> I'd definitely recommend a trailer. The U haul ones are quite strong. I'd avoid a dolley with an unknown vehicle.
>
> The F250 should have no problem with a Uhaul trailer.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Dave

> 10/23/2002 8:30:04 PM, "Paul H. Anderson" <pha@pdq.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm looking for advice in trying to tow a rolling M37 180 miles using my
> >Ford F-250 supercab 4WD. In theory, the F-250 can handle the gross
> >combined weight, but I'm wary. Can I get away with a tow dolly,
> >presumably sticking to low speeds (45mph)? What about a flat tow in this
> >situation. Any pointers to topical URL's would be appreciated - my
> >attempts at searching are turning up too many sites, not enough content.
> >I need to get it moved soon, and will pay to move it if that is the
> >safest.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Paul

> >To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> >To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>
> >To reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org>

| Paul Anderson Public Data Queries, Inc. |
| pha@pdq.com 734-213-4964 x308 |