Re: [MV] 1941? Type 87 Kubbelwagon

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 02:21:38 PDT

My mailbox was recently graced by a missive from Stu Ellis :

> How much would a unrestored one be worth? I know someone who knows someone
> who has one sitting in his barn. It was brought back by the military to be
> examined etc. I believe in 1942 from Africa. Still has orig bullet holes.
> Don't know if it is running. All there and only light surface rust. What
> would it be worth? How do you put a value on it? I would like to make
> offer but don't know where to start.

First the 87 is not a Kuebelwagen, its a 4x4 Beetle-bodied car.
If thats really what you have in sight, its _very_ rare and _very_ expansive.

But, like everything, the cost depends on the condition.

Is the engine and gearbox in good condition ?
Rust on body ?
Missing bits / accesories ?
etc.

For more informatoion, have a look at the Kuebelwagen pages on my website, and
you might want to join the WWII-VW list.

Good luck,

Ron.

--
                  It is easier to fight for one's principles
                           than to live up to them.

              -- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati --