Painting over CARC

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 09:31:03 PDT

Need a little help with ( as usual) differing opinions.

Getting ready to paint the newly acquired M35 and want to use a more modern
coating. Im particular a urethane from PPG as I have family in the business.
Anyway, knowing that many simply apply Gillespie or Aervoe (which are
enamels) over CARC and dont have problems what about current urethanes?
Especially since CARC is a form of urethane anyway RIGHT? (similar to
Imron?) I am looking for a more durable finish than the ones mentioned
previously.... more like an epoxy to seal the metal.

What I am looking for is someone who ACTUALLY has done this and the paint
used...... ( the color match wont be a problem)

thanks in advance - SG