Seabee thermal barrier kit for deuce, ca. 1988

From: Mr. Bones (mrbones@ixks.com)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 20:10:49 PDT

I had to go and dig through my footlocker, but I was able to get the
complete information for the Seabee thermal barrier kit that we used in
the Aleutian Islands (Adak, AK) when I was there. None of our deuces or
5 tons had the cab heater, go figure. :-) I hope that this helps anybody
doing a restoration of a Seabee vehicle, as it applies to all vehicles
we had. I can provide the NSNs or scans of the tags if need be. lol.
Have a great weekend, everybody!

Boots, insulated, cold weather, rubber
(black), Type 1, Class 2, Flexible Sole and without valve
Socks, OD, 15 inches, cushion sole
Shirt, extreme cold weather, (100%cotton)
Drawers, extreme cold weather, (100%cotton)
Cap, cold weather, insulating, helmet liner
Gloves, leather, black
Glove liners, cold weather, (100%wool),OD

Best regards,

T. Bones Morris

> Here's a web page showing a deuce with the "thermal barier kit". Note
the
floor covering and boots.

Exactly what comprises thie "kit", I assume the composite floor mat and
boots but what about the hood ,fenders or firewall?

( I still like Genes idea of the truck mat)