M38A1 Fuel Pump Question

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 16:32:22 PST

Help needed. It figures it would act up, right after I agreed to
drive Veterans for a Veteran's Day Recognition Ceremony.

I have just installed a rebuilt fuel pump in my M38A1. I have to prime
it, but it will not allow the fuel to drain down from the carburetor
line. I guess it is vapor locked. Cranking it over without a prime
did nothing.

The input line is a major project to put on & I hope I do not have to try
to open it again.

Anyone have any great words of wisdom to make this an easy job. Is
there something that I am missing ???

As in the past, any & all assistance or suggestions will be appreciated.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA North