Re: [MV] Need NOS West Coast Mirror Kit

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 18:42:37 PST

White Owl http://www.whiteowl.com/ had NOS kits at Churchville.
I think they had them at Gilbert, too. Biggest problem you'll probably
encounter will be removing the door hinge pins so longer ones can
be installed to hold mirror supports. The military encountered this on
some of the trucks I've had. The paint was blistered in the area of the
hinges, indicating a torch was used to heat the hinges in order to
drive the pins out. An alternative to longer pins is to weld a bolt or
stud to the existing pins so the braces can be bolted on.
Joe Young