M38A1 Fuel Pump OK

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 13:00:47 PST

MY THANKS TO ALL WHO ANSWERED. I CHECKED EVERY ITEM SUGGESTED JUST TO
VERIFY THE WORK.
DAMN THIS LIST IS GREAT !

John, you were correct. The head was installed backwards, now I know
there is an IN marked on the pump head.

I made a trouble shooting file for the future. Perhaps if you guys are
not available, I can help someone else in the future.

The Primer lever would not pump enough gas to fill the line. I guess I
am too impatient. I put a clear plastic hose on the Carb line & cranked
it over till I had fuel. It ran again.

It ran just long enough to pump out the radiator fluid. That was a cold
weather job planned. Fix a small leak & secure the top frame strap to
the radiator tank. The radiator is out & on the way to the shop.

The M38A1 should be running fine for the Veterans Recognition Ceremony.
 I am sure a Korean Vet will appreciate a ride.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1 ( With the correct Fuel Pump)
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA North