Re: [MV] M35 winching ....

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 07:41:24 PST

If memory servers me correct you have to get to a "three part line"
before you are actually doubling the pulling power. Just merely running
the cable back the the winch, "two part line", only cuts the line speed
in half and does nothing for the pulling power. If you run the line
back to the winch and then back to the load this is a "three part line"
then you double the power.

John Sozua
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

>>> "Jon Shoop" <shoop19@brick.net> 10/29/02 19:57 PM >>>
You bet.......double the cable of course.......then you get 20K of
pulling
power....double again.....40K.........

It will pull nicely......just make sure cable is in good condition and
the
snatch blocks you use are excellent as well.

Jon