Re: [MV] M35 winching ....

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 23:21:43 PST

My mailbox was recently graced by a missive from John Souza :
> If memory servers me correct you have to get to a "three part line"
> before you are actually doubling the pulling power.

Looks like Alzheimer has struck again...

Just merely running
> the cable back the the winch, "two part line", only cuts the line speed
> in half and does nothing for the pulling power. If you run the line
> back to the winch and then back to the load this is a "three part line"
> then you double the power.

If the line speed diminishes, the power increases proportionally (ignoring
friction losses, of course), the "three part line" will give yu a three times
increase in power, and one third the speed.

Cheers,

Ron.

--
                      Nothing is impossible for the man