M51-A2 Dump Truck Texas Auction

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 18:51:34 PST

Thanks to all who wrote with advice on the dump truck.

My brother went to Jourdanton just out of San Antonio today and determined
that the "oil leak" was a diesel leak coming from one injector. Ran and
drove good, dumper worked fine.

The bidding at the county auction petered out at $2,200 except for my
brother and an 85 year old geezer who bid it up to $3,100. My brothers max
was $3,000. The geezer said he had a mile of road to build so my brother
gave him his name and said call him if he finished the road.

There is one on ebay right now but Portland OR is a little to far to drive a
5 ton dump to south Texas!.

Mel Miller
M725