Getting the wife to like MV's

From: Tim Scherrer (soldierboy440@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 08:45:01 PST

I really lucked out with my new wife. Her grandad is
a WWII vet so he already had an interest in it.

I paid Steve Smith of the St. Charles MV group to
bring over his 1/2 ton Dodge Command Car as our ride
from the wedding to the reception. It was a splash
with everyone at the ceremony and with her too.

We then went to a WWII reenactment in Rockford and she
was in her WAC stuff. She walked up to a group of
WACs and asked..so what is there to do at this event
for WACs? She got the reply--"We were just talking we
needed a gunner for the Stuart." She ended up riding
in the Stuart tank all day. Know we call her Tank
Girl.

I am very glad for all of this, because the GPW
restoration is costing about 75% more than I
originally thought and told her.

Friday night we were driving and talking about the
possibility of another future WWII vehicle. She said,
"I get to pick out this one!" I asked her what she
wanted and she said.."A Command Car because it will
remind us of our wedding!" Funny how a plan comes
together......

See pictures of TANK GIRL and more at:

www.geocities.com/soldierboy440/railsplitters

Also, the 10 May 03 Columbia, MO WWII MV Convoy site
is listed there. We are building it this week, but
you may want to bookmark it for future reference.

Tim Scherrer
CO, 84th ID, Reenacted
WWIIHRS and MVPA
Columbia, MO