Re: [MV] different size shear pin question, M35 winch.....

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 19:23:25 PST

>If anyone wants to persue this matter, I would suggest calling Garwood and
>speaking to an engineer familiar with these winches.

The way to handle this would be to take a pin to a metalurgical lab and have
it analyzed for alloy and heat treat (if applicable). This will run about
$120. I do this with samples periodically where I have to duplicate a part
and alloy and heat treat is unknown and deemed to be important. I doubt
your going to get anywhere talking to the winch companies.

later,

je