Fuel starvation possible solution, AND TOW Missile system parts needed, WWII Autocar, and old used MUTT jeep Parts

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:04:16 PST

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Check to see the pickup tube in the fuel tank is not blocked by crud. You
may disconnect the input line, REMOVE THE FUEL TANK CAP..... Then apply
about 5-10 Lbs pressure to the end of the hose with an air compressor. This
will possibly buy you a temporary fix though, as the crud can come back.
Best to take the top of the fuel tank pickup off and open her up to inspect.

My 3/4T Command Car would idle fine all day long, but once it was under load
it faltered. I traced the fault back to a braided stainless (WWII?) Line at
the fuel pumps input. Seems the rubber was gone inside the line, and the
pump sucked enough fuel at idle, but only air above that speed.

I'm STILL looking for a TOW M I S S I L E S Y S T E M Day or Night sight
and any other TOW components to complete the M151 TOW jeep (See Nov 2003 Mil
Veh Calendar) and it's partner TOW carrier supply Jeep. Need a set of those
TOW supply jeep rear fender racks if they are out there somewhere. Should
be a great pair once done.

The Cheap Web page:
http://home.mindspring.com/~jhooah/index.html

Collecting Artillery and TOW related parts.
Also need other WWII AUTOCAR (Semi) Owners to help me if they know where a
parted 4-5 Tonner is....Doors, windshield frame, passenger seat, etc.
'45 DUKW is STILL waiting work too... Sigh.....a L O T of work.
Regards
W Winget
MVPA 7119

PS: Just picked up 40 CUT MUTT parts sets, remnants of MUTTS, Engine packs,
hoods, Tires, seat frames, you name it, mainly A2, some A1 motors with
separate regulators, etc. (Seven EARLY uncut but rusted bodies, Early (#1675
& #2470) to A1 types!)
Sorry, Not able to ship a LOT of stuff for Months, but if your NEAR Virginia
and need something, drop me a line. NOTHING NOS, only OLD takeoff stuff.
WAW
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX