Virus (plural) from MV list

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 14:57:42 PST

I am receiving notes address to my specific e-mail address with the {MV} in
the title, just like regular mail but they have all had an attached file
with them. Subject matter has been military related but with an attachment.
All the sender names have been list members. I delete them right then and
there and have had too many to remember the names of the senders. Most
likely none of these are knowingly sent by listers, but is the act of a
virus in the members system.

These attachments have all been viruses. I also received one from what
appeared to be an e-bay robot announcing my winning a bid, but the item
listed was nothing I was even interested in, though it was military related.
Upon closer examination it was an obvious spoof of e-bay and it was asking
for a reply. This was a virus also.

Currently I am receiving one or more virus attacks a day, the last 9 have
been MV related in their titles or content.

Be very careful, do not allow your mail to automatically open, use a virus
scanner on your mail.

David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115
M-151A2