Re: [MV] Vets day stuff

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 17:38:48 PST

I did Manchester NH today. My wife Jeanne and I brought the 1943 GMC cckw
out and participated. The organizers could not figure out where to put us,
so we wound up dead last! Not a problem.

Interestingly as I parked behind the new FMT* or whatever they are called,
an elderly woman
came out of one of the houses and with a ferign accent stated that she
remembered my CCKW from when she was a child. Seems she was a child in
Belgium at the end of WW2 and remembered the 'liberators' coming through the
town in there American army trucks! I thought that this was quite neat!

On a more serious note, the soldiers driving the Stewart trucks remarked at
how neat it
was to have a reliable 60 year old truck (mine) and how one bullet to the
passengers side of the dash would stop the Stewart army truck as that is
where the computer is.....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce