Re: [MV] Band Of Brothers

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 00:35:26 PST

Just caughtt a fascinating radio interview on our local station here in UK,
the guest was a veteran of 9th Airborne who dropped into Merville Battery on
D Day - amongst other things he quoted was "like Easy Company, we too were a
band of brothers" - he praised the TV series and has been involved in
helping the author of a new book "Devils from the sky" about his unit and
the assault on the Merville Battery. If you get to Normandy, go visit the
battery and you will appreciate how important its capture was to the
Biritish and Canadian plans.
Nige