relayed message from John Hutterer

From: ddoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 08:02:33 PST

Subj: List Access Problems
Date: 11/13/2002 9:29:58 AM Central Standard Time
From: john.hutterer@deltec.com
To: DDoyle9570@aol.com
File: InterScan_Disclaimer.txt (975 bytes) DL Time (26400 bps): < 1 minute
Sent from the Internet (Details)

David,

I hate to impose upon you, but would you mind posting this message to the
Mil-Veh List for me? As you may recall, I have been unable to post messages,
myself, for a couple of months now.

To all List members:

I have been a member of the List for about three years now, and have never
had problems posting to the List. For the past two or three months I have
been unable to post any messages or replies to the List. I use Microsoft
Outlook, because that is what the IS Department here at work has supplied us
with. Although I was recently given a new computer, with Windows 2000
installed, my problems with posting to the List began long before that. I
have spoken to the IS Department, and been told that there are no problems
with the equipment or software on this end. The problem must be with the
List server or ISP. I have been advised to contact the List Administrator
since, according to our IS Department, I must have been denied access to the
List for some reason. I tried to do just that, but with no success. I have
tried to use the address found at the bottom of each List posting to reach
Arthur, and I have tried a skylee address that I found on the Internet to
reach him. That was a couple of weeks ago, and still no reply. I'm not
bad-mouthing Arthur. I'm sure that he has more to his life than just
administering this List. I would just like to be able to contact him.

I have tried to get around this problem by taking a message that someone
else has posted, changing the Subject line, and using it as a reply to the
List. That didn't get me anywhere. A couple of List members have offered
other suggestions, but they didn't pan out either. This may be just my
problem, but I doubt it. I have noticed a fair number of "Test" messages to
the List recently. That tells me that other people may be experiencing
problems. Those are the messages that get through. How many other people
might be trying to join this group, and are unable to because of something
in the List software that denies access to them? Maybe the answer is "none",
but it may also be "many". How much valuable knowledge and input might the
rest of us be missing out on? It seems to me that there are a fair number of
postings that start out "Just posting this for a friend who reads the list,
but can't post to it..."

I'm open to suggestions for fixing my problem. Any computer wizards out
there? Anybody who has a method of contacting Arthur and asking him to take
a look at the List system? Thanks for any help that you can provide.

John Hutterer