Re: [MV] Kroil Follow up and Brake Q

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 03:36:52 PST

My TM 9-8022 says "The hand brake linkage must be adjusted when hand brake
lever reserve travel is less than one-half of ratchet range. To adjust,
block wheel to keep truck from moving. Release hand brake lever. Loosen
lock nut and jam nut on cable at brake shoe lever and/or hand brake lever.
Take up slack in cable by turning lock nut. Tighten jamnut firmly. Remove
blocks from wheel." You can adjust both ends !! I have new cables for
sale for $45 if you need one... The shoes and linings are the same as the 5
ton. Use the kroil before you change the oil....and only if the engine is
stuck...after it is broken free put in the new oil and filters and so forth
to flush out the rust and corruption. I also have Starters, a carb, some
cylinder liners, a crankshaft, distributor and so forth.. I use Walmart
Car Batteries in mine... a pair of the 657 cca units work fine.. or you can
put in a pair of group 31 from NAPA or get the 6TL from Interstate for about
a c note each... Happy motoring.. RAM