Re: [MV] Fwd: FW: Vietnam Veterans Not Worthy Of Target's Help@#?

From: J.Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 12:54:15 PST

These things also happen on our side of the border.
Every year about 2 weeks before Nov. 11, the Canadian Legion
starts it's fund raising drive by selling poppies. This is the only time
that the legion is so very visible all at once to the general public.
One or two vets stand outside the entrances to major local stores,
they never come right up to you, you approach them, make your
donation and they will pin a poppy on your jacket or you can do
it yourself. No high pressure sales tactics here.
Most stores will even let the vets stand inside the main entrance
if the weather is bad.
But, every year there is always one corporate chain that chases
them away. This year I think it was a Home Depot store up in
Sudbury. Who said something about being in business to make
money and not cater to any groups wanting to sell items on their
property. Goes against their company anti-solicitation policy.
Heaven forbid you spend that extra $ 10.00 bucks in your pocket
on the legion and not in the store.
If it were not for these vets, they would not be around to make
these stupid rules.
There should be a law against chasing our veterans away.
It's not like that they are there every day, all year long.
Even though when our nations needed them, they were there
24/7 and beyond for those that did not return.
End of my rant.
Appologies to the Home Depot stores that allowed the veterans
onto their property.

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca