Replacing a Transmission in a M998 Humvee

From: PFARRP@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 19:33:22 PST

Need to changeout the tranny in my M998, as the old one has a crack in the housing..(been told thats a common problem)
Got a newly rebuilt one, and a new Convertor, but put the Humvee up on my lift and took a look...Looks like a mean job for an amatuer mechanic! lol....
Anybody have any tips on getting the job done? Anyone care to help! lol! i am located in eastern Massachusetts, have a lift, and can get a tranny jack!

Would really like to start driving the beast again soon!
Thanks!