RE: [MV] M37 trans noise

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:17:55 PST

.....one should take into account what the definition of "Loud" is first.

For one thing most vehicles after the 1970's are somewhat sound proof.
No noise from the rears, trans, or even what they consider engines.

an M37 or any MV without sound batt will tend to be noisy.
My opinion would be to rotate the trans while the vehicle is off and listen
to the
sound alone. making sure there is no binding or clinking.
using the correct gear oil also helps, make sure it is gear oil and not
motor oil inside.