Re: [MV] 14 x 20 tires

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:41:13 PST

You can pick up a 22.5" rim with the six bolt pattern at most large wheel
places. I priced some a while back and they were about $90 a rim. That's
the tubeless equivalent to a 20" rim, I think. For the price of replacing
the rims and tires on my M35 I decided to stick with the 9.00 by 20" NDT I
have. I now have about 15 extra tires and that will take a while to go
through.

The rims on my deuce are something like 7.5" wide and 20" in diameter. I
think the 9.00 has something to do with the height to width ratio.
Generally speaking you can't put a tubeless tire on a tube rim and vise
versa. They do it that way on purpose.

I'm no expert and I have forgotten more that I remember.

Joe Trapp