Re: [MV] Invasion pipe

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 19:30:31 PST

They used Bangalore Torpedo's. It is a section of pipe full of TNT &
additional sections of Bangalore's can be attached. Then sections of
push pipes are attached & it is pushed forward. It was used to breach
Barbed wire & Barricades on beaches or wherever forward movement was
blocked.
Engineer Demo Teams used this a lot in WW II.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA North