Re: [MV] M37 carburetor

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:00:26 PST

Gee, Mike, I have been driving M37's since they issued me new M37B1s in
Germany in 1964 and I have never had any unsolveable problems. You must
have a vacuum leak somewhere in your system or a bad condensor or a bad
cylinder... compression or... bad fuel filter or ??? The Carb is a pretty
simple thing... The PCV valve off the manifold is usually the culprit for
poor idle... did you take it off and take it apart 2 x 3/4" wrench and
clean it with carb cleaner.??? What does your vacuum gauge say when you
are having trouble... is your fuel pump secondary diaphragm broken and
losing vacuum there... do you have a bad wsw motor? There are a hundred
more to check... happy hunting RAM