Lookey what I found (M35 related)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 07:22:04 PST

Greeting Listers.
A friend gave me a pair of deuce axles that were abandoned at his yard. I was
reluctant to haul them off as it looked like they have been buried for a year
or two. Both were locked up so I figured I would try to free them and open
them up. Once I cut the brakes off the rear axle it started to turn. Turning
one hub made the entire assy turn including the other hub. Locking up the
other hub introduced a clicking sound from the carrier when the first hub was
turned. I had an idea of what the problem was but wanted to open it up to
make sure. Once the carrier was out it confirmed my suspicions, it has a
Detroit Locker (No Spin) in it. There was some condensation damage in the
carrier but the locker looked great. Needless to say, I'll be putting the
locker in a newer carrier assy and pulling the bed off my M35 to install it.
Now if I can just find one more for the other rear axle!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w
Fruehauf M105A1