Re: [MV] Lookey what I found (M35 related)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 08:59:23 PST

I really think they were deuce axles. Some Yahoo probably had them in his
swamp buggy as the front had no brakes. The rear had the 3 little studs that
the axle clamps secure to. The rear brakes were identical to the deuce
brakes. Also has '53 stamped in the top possibly indicating a 1953 build
date. As a side note, the housing itself was Timken Mfg not Rockwell. I've
also noted that both the front and rear had the axle vent on the side of the
diamond shaped inspection cover instead of the housing tube. Another thing
that leads me to believe the Detroit was added is the fact that instead of
safety wire on the drive gear assy, each bolt had a cotter pin. What are the
differences in the deuce and the V-100 axle?

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w
Fruehauf M105A1