More M35 questions....

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:28:46 PST

OK folks now the fun begins.... I got my 1970 Kaiser finally and I have
already changed my mind on a couple things. I wont be using the 3 color CARC
but rather going back to solid USMC dark green. A bit of a shame considering
the CARC is very fresh and not faded.

Anyway I am wondering about the original color as it seems the engine,
engine compartment, and dash may be original but its that very BROWN
green... (Vietnam era I think). I scraped it off in a couple spots and thats
the first coat from back when. Right?

Next, the engine looks IMMACULATE with not a spot of oil on it anywhere but
there is NO rebuild tag ???? It runs literally like new with strong oil
pressure and absolutely ZERO blowby on my Dwyer gauges. Could this have been
a NEW replacement engine at 34000 miles?

Also the trans seems new as well as the master cylinder so heres the last
question, The data plate on the dash has the same 04F.... number as the
inside of the door but it also says the mfr # is 0525 2 11 93 could this
be the "rebuild" date? And if so I assume the fresh CARC, trans, brakes, etc
was considered a manufacture date of 2 11 93 ?????? right? Is there any way
to decipher the door/data plate # ????

And thanks a TON to Ken Kublo for such an OUTSTANDING rust free winch truck
with ALL the options at a ridiculously good price.

sorry for the long post