Re: [MV] XM211 vs M211?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:30:06 PST

Unless I am mistaken, the two should be (nearly) identical. "XM"
replaced the previous "T" designator. With the "T" system a vehicle only
got its service ("M") number when it was accepted. For example, I have a
T-24 which was later adopted as "M29". The two numbers aren't the same.
 Apparently the military changed this and assigned the number ahead of
time and simply dropped the "X" when adopted into service.

If I am mistaken about this, I would love to know what the correct story
is :-)

Steve